Week 1

af6aeb57de7f46a64e41c9131dfbcbf0 (1)

Welcome to the first prompt of our brand new look challenge! 

As you know we are now in partnership with the Night Zookeeper where you will be able to take part in lots of adventures!

100 Word Challenge remains the same : a prompt, 100 words and comments from across the world and completely free. We even have a new showcase for you to aim for!

This week you will need to set up an account before you can post your entries.

1. First create a TEACHER ACCOUNT HERE 

2. Make a note of your CLASS CODE

3. Now ask your STUDENTS TO CREATE ACCOUNTS HERE 

Once they have their accounts, they will be taken to their own page where they can write their entry.

4. Lastly, head back on over to your Night Zookeeper Teacher Account and PUBLISH your student’s writing.

It is now ready for Team 100 to leave their comments. You can also comment on the live feed of 100WC POSTS HERE.

Now to the prompt!

We start with a great photo. It is of a sculpture that I saw when I was in Paris a number of years ago. Look at it carefully.

• Where could it have come from?
  • What is the story behind it?
  • Are those really legs?

Week 1100 Word Challenge Remember, you can only use 100 words so choose them very carefully. Read your work really carefully before you publish it.

Don’t forget, you MUST create a TEACHER ACCOUNT HERE 

This challenge will close at 11.45pm BST on Saturday 19th September

2 thoughts on “Week 1

1. It says the 100 WC is for students younger than 16, but when I sign up on NightZooKeeper it only gives me the option of grades 1-6. I chose grade 6 even though my students are 8th graders. Is this going to be a problem? My students and I are really excited to participate!

• Hi Bonnie! For the time being please use Yr.6 It doesn’t affect anything other than the assessment tool. The team will be sorting out selection for higher grade so don’t worry for now.