End of Year Report!

Dear children, teachers and commentators,

This is the End of Year Report from 100 Word Challenge and what a FABULOUS year it has been!

Here are some statistics for you:-

• Just under 8,000 posts for 100 WC
  • Nearly 1,000 posts for 5 SC in 9 prompts
  • Visits from people in 50 countries
  • Around 68,000 visits to class bloggs
…and of course OUR AWARD!

We now need to know about the IMPACT it has had (see below)

Thank you all for your support over the year. Without you providing time for the children to write then posting all their entries, we would not have the word challenges. Thank you also for moderating the comments so that we keep everything safe for our young writers.

Moving forward I would appreciate your views on these areas.

1. As I said above, I would love to know the impact that the challenges have had on your writing. If you have any data about progress made, that would be wonderful to know AS WELL. I can tell you how many entries there were but only you know the impact it has had!
  2. The prompts go live on Weds evenings and the link closes on the following Tues. Are these timings good for your class?
  3. The showcase pieces have been done in two ways – on the following week’s prompt or separately. Which do you prefer?

Please leave your views on a Contact 100WC form or tweet me @ theheadsoffice. These are YOUR challenges so do let me know YOUR thoughts!

Once again, many thanks for a great year and I’ll see you all in September. First prompt up on w/b 10th Sept

If you have writers in your class who would love to do some writing over the holidays, get them to enter the Reading Road Summer Writing Competition. Click HERE