Week #1

Welcome to a new year!

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of a new year of 100 Word Challenge posts! We have lots of exciting prompts to share and challenge you with!

Sign up for the newsletter

To take part in the challenges you must sign up. It is easy – just click the big JOIN on the green header at the top. You will get a weekly newsletter with lots of news so do check spam etc if it doesn’t land in your inbox. Lots of new including how to get a free blog!

Join a HUB

During July and August, schools in New Zealand and Australia took part in the Special Writing Project. To help with comments they joined a hub. This is 3 schools linked together to leave comments on your 100 WC pieces once they are linked here. If you would like to join a hub and can leave some comments please fill out THIS FORM 

Showcase

when you are commenting, you will come across some great posts. Please send me the ID number and name so that I can pop them in the next showcase. The latest showcase can be found HERE

Exciting advanced notice!

Next week sees celebrations of Roal Dahl’s birthday and 100 Word Challenge will be running a special Dahl prompt. Is your school celebrating? We would love to see some of your photos if you are dressing up! More news next week!

Latest prompt

The first prompt of the year is here at last. You need to really think about where you could take it. The prompt is:

…and I thought “well what a start”…

Things to consider:

• What is beginning?
  • Is it a good or a bad start?
  • What has happened and what is going to happen now?

The link will remain open until Saturday 10th September

Sorry, you need to log in to enter the 100 Word Challenge. Login at https://100wc.net/wp-login.php or sign up at https://100wc.net/signup-2015/.

ID Name Year School Location Link
13135Millieyear 6Owairaka primaryAuckland, NZblogspot.co.nz
13134IsaacYear 5Owairaka schoolAuckland, New zelandblogspot.co.nz
13132Pavitra5OwairakaAuckland New Zealandblogspot.co.nz
13128Ella BYear 7Kapanui SchoolWaikanae, NZblogspot.co.nz
13123Alice SYear 6OwairakaAuckland, NZblogspot.co.nz
13120Tyler WY6The Richmond SchoolSkegness, Englandblogspot.com
13119Isabelle6The Richmond SchoolSkegness, Englandblogspot.com
13114Nina8Berkley Normal Middle SchoolHamilton, New Zealandblogspot.co.nz
13113Jessica8Berkley Normal Middle SchoolHamilton, New Zealandblogspot.co.nz
13110jamie7karori normalwellingtonedublogs.org
13109Eva.W7Karori Normal SchoolWellington, New Zealandedublogs.org
13108Joshua8Karori NormalWellington, New Zealandedublogs.org
13107Evelyn8Karori NormalWellington, New Zealandedublogs.org
13106AinsleighYr 7karori normalwellington, New Zealandedublogs.org
13103Robbie MacKenzieyear 7-8Tawa intermediateTawa , Wellingtonblogger.com
 ID Name Year School Location Link