Week #7

Goodness me! What an entry we had last week! Nearly 3000 pieces of writing! Well done everyone involved.

Commenting

We are getting more comments being left every week which is great. Lots of children are joining in which again is fantastic BUT can we help them to leave a really good comment?

Comments like – “This is so so” and “Needs more grammar” are not particularly useful. Why not share this great post written by a Year 6 student that explains what make a good comment  Good Comments

One of our staunchest supporters, Mrs Boyce, in Ireland, has shared this with us, which may also help train the children to become really effective commenters:

A GOOD COMMENT –
1. Compliments  – I like the/ how  .. I enjoyed the …
2. Comments – I agree that .. I think that ..
3. Connects – I also have..I have seen the … It also reminds me of …
4. Questions – I wonder ..Why?.. Who?.. What?… When?… Where?… How?…

Showcase

Do send me the URLs of any post you think deserves to go onto the showcase! Those selected for Week #5 are HERE

Join the community

Every Wednesday we meet up over on Twitter for #100wcchat. This is half an hour to share your best posts and ideas for really engaging students. Do come and join us at 9pm.

Are you on Face Book? Pop over and like 100 Word Challenge page

5 Sentence Challenge

Being a bit cheeky here but just sharing the link for the latest prompt for 5 Sentence Challenge. This is a writing challenge for emerging writers only. Pop over and have a look! 5 Sentence Challenge Prompt #3

Latest prompt

The prompt for this week is:

…She just wouldn’t stop crying… 

Have a think about who ‘she’ is and what could have happened to make her cry.

Already a member of 100WC? Start writing and publishing here 

If you are new sign up HERE